Alec Baldwin 'punches photog' after getting marriage license

New York, June 20 (ANI): Alec Baldwin once again lashed out against a photographer after he and his fiancee Hilaria Thomas went to pick up their marriage license, and now he has become the focus of a criminal investigation.

A lensman for The New York Daily News filed an assault complaint with the NYPD, charging that the hot-headed "30 Rock" star punched him in the face on Tuesday outside the city Marriage License Bureau.

The groom-to-be went ballistic when photographer Marcus Santos snapped him outside the Worth St. office after Baldwin and Thomas picked up their license in lower Manhattan about 9:30 a.m.

"He comes after me, starts shoving and punching me - one time, right in the chin," the publication quoted Santos, as saying while adding that he was coming to the defense of another photographer.

"And then he started shoving me, and pushing me. He lunged at me like raging bull," he said.

Another photographer Goren Veljic, who snaps wedding pictures outside the building, corroborated Santos' claim.

"He was like crazy, you know?" witness Veljic said.

"There was an eruption of mad. I think something's wrong with him," he said.

The unrepentant actor presented his version of the clash via Twitter.

"A 'photographer' almost hit me in the face with his camera this morning." Baldwin, in a hashtag, advocated waterboarding the two members of the media, he tweeted.

For Baldwin, it was his third explosion against a photographer.

The 54-year-old actor had previously attacked photographers in California in 1995, and another in Manhattan in 2010.

"He said, 'Stay away from me, or I'll break your f------ teeth,'" recounted photographer Jefferson Siegel.

"Then he grabbed my camera lens, and tried to shove my camera to the ground," Siegel said.

Santos said the photographers followed Baldwin's orders to step back, but it didn't soothe the angry actor. Santos warned Baldwin to back off when the Emmy winner reached for Siegel.

"I said, 'Don't touch him,'" Santos said.

"Then he came right after me. I knew he was going to attack me. I stepped back, and he kept coming," he said.

Santos, who started working for the publication two years ago, filed his complaint at the Fifth Precinct stationhouse.

The photographer said that the assault left him with pain in his chin, a headache and dizziness.

Baldwin, in a statement issued by his spokesman, insisted that he was the victim of an overly aggressive Santos.

"Alec Baldwin is cooperating with the investigation," an NYPD spokesman said.

"Should we want him to come down, his attorney will bring him to us," he said.

Baldwin spokesman Matthew Hiltzik blamed the photographer, claiming Santos became upset when a passerby blocked his shot of Baldwin and Thomas walking.

"The photographer was clearly frustrated, pushed past the bystander and assaulted Alec with his camera. There were no punches thrown, and any subsequent physical contact was simply Alec protecting himself," the statement read. (ANI)